Careers at Pearson Milking Technology
At Pearson Milking Technology we are proud of our work environment, our culture, and our commitment to helping our team to reach their full potential. We take our role seriously. Many farm families in Ireland and around the world depend on our milking equipment every day. We are proud to be part of the wider agrifood community. We have a wide range of roles available, from sales and marketing to production, installation, account management and data scientists. Many of our team are with us over 20 years. We work hard to ensure our colleagues feel valued and that we give necessary flexibility to create a culture of support within the company. For the right person Pearson Milking Technology is a great place to work and offers significant career and personal growth opportunities.
Grow your career with us?
Due to our continuing expansion we are always looking for new team members. If you are interested in having a conversation please send your CV and a cover letter to HR@pearsonmilking.com – thank you.
Area Sales Representative - Munster Area
At Pearson Milking Technology we have been manufacturing and developing quality milking equipment for over 75 years in Athy, Co Kildare. Through ongoing research and development, we have expanded the product range to develop cutting edge technologies for both Irish and International markets.
Due to continued expansion, we are currently looking for an Area Sales Representative to join our Irish sales team, to cover the Munster in Ireland.
- Create a sales pipeline by proactively generating and developing new sales leads.
- Provide product advice and solutions to customers.
- Provide excellent customer care and build strong, long term customer relationships.
- Follow up on orders and liaise with other departments within the company.
Skills and Experience:
- Applicants must be highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the Dairy industry would be beneficial.
- A proven track record in B2B and B2C sales and customer care would advantageous.
- Experience in using CRM tools such as Hubspot.
- Strong work ethic and proactive team member.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to your work.
- Strong communication skills with regard to dealings on the phone and email.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- The ability to deal with issues which may arise and work to strict deadlines.
- The ability to think, act and make decisions under pressure, and be agile as circumstances change.
- Full Clean Drivers Licence.
- An interest in marketing would be beneficial.
- Competitive base salary with additional commission opportunities
- Company car and phone package
- Job security – we’re 75 years in business!
- Travel opportunities
- Career growth opportunities within the organisation
- Flexible working conditions
- Opportunity to gain experience across various departments and develop your own skillset
- Opportunity to develop your career within the agri sector and work on some of the most exciting projects in the sector.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com – thank you.
What our team say!
The company is growing on a daily basis and along with that comes new opportunities for employees to explore, learn and develop. All employees are given the chance to acquire new skills by way of in-house training, apprenticeships, or further education including 3rd level college. Management are committed to the wellbeing of all staff members and are very aware of life’s challenges such that we have flexibility to take time off to attend to family matters at short notice. Pearson Milking Technology is a lovely place to work where all staff interacts and work really well with one another. During summer months we all come together at Pearson HQ for BBQ’S and every Christmas we get together for a Christmas party.
The company have encouraged me to return to further education and I am currently studying for an ACCA qualification. The cost of my studies is being kindly financed by Pearson Milking Technology.
I started working in goods in/good out. From here I proceeded to a warehouse picker. During this time I got a lot of insight into the parts and I was educated on what they were used for and where. After this I became team leader/ supervisor where I then started looking at how we could change some aspects for the better and where we could make improvements within the stores. Lean methodology is a big part of the workplace. We started having daily meetings within the team to give clear views on jobs that were on the radar for the week and just to check in with everyone so that there was no confusion. After this I was given more training as I developed in the company. From supervisor I then became stores manager where I am now looking after logistics, shipping of pick lists for site, working within deadlines and dealing with queries from our installation team and multiple distributors across the globe.